Since I have been posting PC builds recently, I thought I would post one I did almost a year ago for my mom. Previously she was rocking an old 2.53ghz Pentium 4 processor, 1GB of RDRAM, 80GB Hard Drive and Windows XP. While it could run word processing and do basic web browsing, the pc took forever to start up, couldn’t handle HD videos on YouTube, and was still on Windows XP. For general security and usability reasons, I wanted to upgrade her to Windows 7 and something a lot faster. I managed to put together a pretty decent build for around $500. She was pleasantly surprised when she came home one day to find a new PC under her desk.
- Intel Core i3-3220 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
- Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB Solid State Drive
- GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3V Motherboard
- GIGABYTE GZ-ZIF138R Mid Tower Computer Case
- Rosewill RD400-2-DB 400W ATX V2.2 Power Supply
- Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB RAM